View Single Post
Old 01-15-2021, 06:19 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: LilGiantsConstrCo

A few new build projects & upgrades going on in the Lil Giants workshop... running the pressure over 600psi in the old JD850 last month, the bucket cyl has developed a hairline crack at the solder joint of the rod end of the barrel. Desolder the joints apart, clean up surfaces & resolder it back together. I got a new cylinder on order. This is the only cylinder on the model I've had trouble with the last 10yrs, I think it's the 3rd or 4th time resolder it, it keeps cracking at the same place every time, and at lower pressures too. The stick cyl works the hardest I think; just a wee bit of oil seeped past the rod seals @600psi, take it apart to put in new seals.

Working on my B50 pup, I want to put a self contained hyd system on the trl to make it simpler to hook/unhook from the B50 ADT, eliminate any chance of dirt contanmination from plugging into the trk's hyd system, just need a power cord to come from the trk. I'll put a pump, dual esc Sabertooth to run the pump & power trl axles & a receiver within the frame of the trl.

I found a DX9 on ebay from Ontario start of the New Year. It was much easier & cost effective to get such a radio already in Canada so I don't get raped on taxes & bullship brokerage fees vs getting it new from the USA. FedEx, UPS what a bunch of crooks to deal with... This will be my main trk radio to pair two ADTs together & have one of the trks pull a pup trl as well. I'm also working on adding more than two trls behind the B4206, maybe 3 - maybe 4 trls at once, need more chs & this DX9 has a better variety of 3pos switches, proportional sliders & channel assignment options than what the DX8 does. I was disappointed to discover that I couldn't model transfer via SD card the current model setups on the DX8 radio to the DX9 radio, I'll have to redo each trk manually when I bind to the DX9.

Joe