View Single Post
Old 02-20-2016, 02:37 AM
Apprentice

Rakthi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ScaleART - Assembling a MAN TGX/XL 6x6 tractor & Trailer

Of course could build a shed, just need good airconditioning. But we are trying to sell the house and move back to Europe. Also one of the reasons I'm reluctant to buy more tools as it would not be cost effective to move them. Well shouldn't complain, is not that we have so many visitors really.

Here some pics I took from the mess I made of bracket Mark I ... hopefully Mark II will be a tad better fitting/looking

Error 1 - Made the bend in the wrong place. Should have measured better and should have scored the brass more to get a nice sharp corner instead of this bendy thing.

Because of this error I am about 2 mm too close to the fender. You can see I have the air tanks too high up in relation to the fuel tank because (error 2) I drilled the holes to attach to the frame with the plate in the wrong place - still can't figure out how that happened.

The top air tank is pushing against the fender, bottom one wouldn't fit! Amazing what a 2mm mistake translates to.

Here a look at the holes to attach the support to the frame. I thought to be smart and drill 2 2mm holes close together and than file out the little bit in between. That way I could move the support up and down. It kind of worked after a fashion. Will need more accuracy when making bracket Mark II.

Mark II I will start out with a narrower bit of brass too.

I know the bracket could look a little better if the excess bits are trimmed off, but still a long way to go before I get something that looks like what BERNA, RCP57 and others on here fabricate. Respect!