View Single Post
Old 03-08-2015, 07:24 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

I really want to blast this whole thing but my cabinet didn't fit the trailer after wheel frame was attached. Might have to get some dry sand and use the big one at work. Mikem , I know I said I was going to use bass work for decking and not going to use alder, but when I went and looked in the wood pile I found some dark oak or maybe some other dark wood that I forgot it had. I'm pretty sure it's oak. Anyway I'm going to use that and was thinking of using a wood burner to make plank lines and still use one solid piece for each side. Am planning on cutting some strips that will be glued on bottom side to act as a clamp to hold wood down. Only steel I have to do is a couple strips to tack between gooseneck arms on topside for someway to attach wood. I want to make that to be able to give somewhat incase neck doesn't raise completely square. This may end up getting some "weathering " for a paint scheme. Figure a flat/ eggshell black, not too shiny.