View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 06:13 PM
Green Horn

apfubar is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New Toy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
Congratulations!

The split boom is very intriguing! As one setting (depending on your chosen radio) you could mix the spit boom to crowd with the stick.
On the split boom, it is something I have never seen here in Aus, and I guess it is similar in the US, probably due to the amount of space we have. Unlike Europe we either downsize the machine(and take our time), or we upsize the space(remove the offending structure etc).

I didn't think too much about the mixing for the split boom and stick... it is a good idea. Thinking about it now, ideally I would have a three position switch, 1 for mixed operation, 1 for stick, 1 for the split boom... the best of both worlds that way... I think I have used all of my 3 pos switches... I will look at that one today. :-)
Quote:
For me
left swing boom
right stick bucket
Thanks for that... I might try it, the bucket and boom on the left stick just doesn't seem to do it for me... That would make the crowd the same as the 966 Loader. Which should make life easier.

Quote:
I can't believe wifey didn't rip on you for tearing up the lawn?!
On the lawn front... I was very strategic where I put the holes... in other words I had pre-approval to remove two lumps of clay in the lawn which had been bugging the better half for a while(and I had been stalling doing anything about them until the Excavator arrived!).

Now I just need to fill them in with some top soil and the world is a happy place. But I don't have a tipper finished(I have a leimbach roll on/off skip truck in progress) to transport the top soil, so I guess that will have to wait. Let's see how long I survive...
Thanks for the comments :-)

Cheers,
Andrew P.