View Single Post
Old 11-25-2022, 06:08 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Axle suggestions?

These '23 rpm' boxes use the same case as the '90 rpm', differences are just internal, gear sizes & layout.

As it fits in tractor before i made new hitch, did involve notch & flatten part of frame C-channel to get 4 frame mount bolts per gearbox. Motor cans point forward.

---
I had looked at some of their 6v versions of them, and wasn't very impressed with the specs provided using their supplied Silver-can motors!
https://nfpshop.com/product/6v-12v-2...el-nfp-dwg-370

With their 6v 260:1 ratio box coming in at 17 rpm. Then pushing 4" tires at 1 foot per rpm, i can't really see being satisfied with this equipment moving at 18 feet per minute empty, downhill, with a tailwind. The rc hobby can build better motors than that.

4" diameter tire has 2" radius = 5.08cm. Gearbox spec sheet lists Max rated Torque at 25 kg-cm. So i think that's like 5.08kg at tire tread.

I started with this form-factor because it would fit in the narrower Heiliner tractor that i had first. The Wooldridge tractor can take bigger, but i'd like to get a useable setup for something before i start buying another size and completely forget what i'm learning about this.

Today i welded up a swivel-wobble thing for the test tractor, now I think i'm on the right path!!!

A Wooldridge with 2 of these "12volt / 23 rpm / (260:1)" that are motor swapped to the Redcat motors listed above that say "370" on label, parallel wired straight to a stick pack. Gets a decent slow walking speed that looks pretty scale for heavy equipment. Added 10 pounds of steel in the box, still pulls it like it's her job. Might be about time for a build thread.

Last edited by frizzen; 11-26-2022 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Pic