View Single Post
Old 07-09-2015, 06:09 AM
Apprentice

Rakthi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Scaleart - assembling an Arocs 8x8 roll on roll off kipper

@ apubar - Thank you Andrew! It was thanks to your post on the German forum that made me realise I had to file out the hinges. I remembered reading about it. Sure helped big time! Sure glad the cabin is finished. Always worried of scratching the paint.

@egronvold - Must say am rather happy with the white and black myself. Looks better than I thought it would.

@Brel - look great indeed but is rather front heavy at the moment. So could do with some weight at the back. Once the roll on/off stuff is on there should still look good without a container.

@ crisis time - The amount of screws is what makes it fun!

+++++++++++++++++++++++

Haven't done anything to the truck yet. From reading other threads on ScaleART and looking at pictures, I know there is no decent way to prevent the hydraulic lines from swaying when going from the 2 main cylinders to the oil pump. ScaleART fixes them to the cylinder with some shrink tubing or smal zip ties, not really a nice solution all things considered.

So I figured to be "creative" and see if I could make some things to hold the line to the cylinder.

After more than a couple of failed attempts I finally figured out how to make these simple looking things.

Got the width down that I could work with the tools available to me

Messing cut into almost same width strips with scissors

Bend - the driver has the same diameter as the line.

Filed

Make roundish by bending with pliers in small increments (repeat until about right)

One done

4 done

and painted.

Not installing them yet. Will first so a test fitting of the hydraulic cylinders and see if I can use them yes or no.

All I can say it that making these 4 simple things has made my respect for those who whip out whole models from scratch, go a lot of notches higher!
Hat off.