View Single Post
Old 07-13-2015, 06:53 AM
Apprentice

Rakthi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Scaleart - assembling an Arocs 8x8 roll on roll off kipper

Good thing I took some time out. Realized that with the hook mechanism in place and hooked up to the valves, I will no longer be able to move it up or down until pump and electrics sorted out.

Then I would no longer be able to sort out the rear lights! So that is what I did today.

Got the rear lights of

Removed the shrink tube

Covered the back with Liquid Tape and screwed it back on to the support with M2x5 self tapping screws I sourced on the bay. Followed my own advice and first put on the lights and then pulled the wire through the frame. The new shrink tubing is 3mm one. Could barely get the wires through so used some silicone grease on them. The tubing has not been shrunk so it's way more supple too.

Bus connector for the 2 rear lights.

Cable is too short to go al the way to the front. So extended it. Made sure the connections were spaced to avoid a thick area where the 2 unions are. Put some of the Liquid Tape on them before I pulled it through the shrink tube.

Lights plugged in. (only shrank the tube at beginning and end)

Bus connector installed inside the cross beam for now. Have to sort out a cover for it later. (Looks like all my wires and hoses are crossing one another)

Looked at installing the servo for the trailer coupling, but that will be a real pain in the neck without taking the hook stuff off. I'm just going to forget about that for now.

Stephan