View Single Post
Old 02-11-2012, 04:08 PM

Jigglepin is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Wooden Tracked Loader Build

For the main parts of the cab, I cut out 3 roughly square pieces of 6mm MDF, they all measure 85mm high and differ alittle in length. I measured and marked out all the necessary parts to be cut (doors/windows and front window) I drilled some holes in the corners of the windows, allowing the jigsaw blade to pass through, then carefully cut them out.

Some sanding was needed to neaten them up. I cut the door frame using the band saw, then put the template over another piece of MDF and traced round the frame to get the exact shape of the door. Marked out the window in the door and used the jigsaw to cut it out. I found some small hinges to attach the doors to the frame.

I decided to screw the main parts together using really small screws, (I’m not sure weither to glue them at a later stage) and then screwed the cab frame to the floor. I'm also thinking of giving the cab alittle shape to try and get it away from looking like a box! maybe by curving the front edges and angling the front off at the top.

Thanks for looking

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Jigglepin; 02-22-2012 at 03:17 PM.