Thread: RCP Compound
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2014, 12:37 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: RCP Compound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trucker_Jo View Post
Woah Reg you have been busy! Winter (yarder building season) will be here soon enough

hmm.....
Haha, you never know....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
Instead of a crankshaft, how about a vibrating screen with a counterweight on the motor, motor secured to the screen & screen resting on springs? I've been doing it this way for yrs. It's virtually as noisy, but a lot less moving parts & metal fatigue.

My future stationary screener will be a lot like Lou's trommel, now that I have finally sourced a perfect conveyer belt material. Very quiet & a lot less dust & debris flying around.
Yes Lou's trommel is the ticket! We were using it on Saturday at a show and you can run it all day without even knowing it's turned on. I plan to build one eventually and if I make any conveyors for this contraption I will build them with the intention of using them later on the trommel. This was just a thrown together piece so I don't really have high hopes for it. I agree that using a counterweight would be more effective than the crankshaft idea. I would think you could mount the motor vertically and it would make less noise but what do I know.