View Single Post
Old 12-23-2016, 08:44 AM
Wannabe

up9018 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Is this hobby dying in the US?

I am still floating around here. I check in daily to see what people are doing, and get information and inspiration.

I took the first and only build I have apart last winter for a repaint and some upgrades. Then as they say "It Happens" and the truck was put into about 3 boxes and has spent the last year on the shelf. I actually pulled it out a couple of days before this post started to go thru my inventory and hopefully get it back together.

I will probably be one of those people who are "One and Done" that Lil_Giants described, and for the reason he mentioned. There are a couple of people floating around here that have trucks, but there are no events to speak of. Indy is a 10 hour drive, and that is the closest thing that goes on for me. I will probably get it back together, build a trailer and just go back to taking it to the City Cemetery and drive it around over lunch hour.

I have noticed that a lot of the people I was going to get some parts from seem to be out of the game or just not advertising here. That is understandable, it is often said that when your hobby becomes a job it is no longer fun.

Chris