View Single Post
Old 12-23-2016, 09:19 PM

Mech_Eng is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Is this hobby dying in the US?

I agree with a lot of things said here:

The hobby has not taken off in the US yet: not only truth but it makes the hobby less attractive due to the wait time for parts not available in the US....my Carson 634 has been down for months, first it was hydraulic problems, now I'm waiting on new track motors...grrr

Expensive? Yes, very! Anytime you make precision parts in low volume, they will be expensive. Additionally, I do believe there is an incredible markup on some products, not all...

Facebook? I certainty can't acquire the information I can on this site on FB but it sure is a lot easier to post pics on FB. That is the only potential negative to this wonderful site.

Less people are technical these days: i could not have gotten to this hobby without experience building/wiring things in the past. My mechanical engineering degree does not hurt either the only reason I bring this up is the fact that so many rc enthusiasts are into plug n play drones these days. I say no thanks! I like the building parts myself!

I also understand people come and go, I've only been playing in 1/14th for a year or so. The cost of parts and wait time have definitely tested my interest in the hobby....

As for this site, I sure wish I could post photos from my mobile device without a hosting site, I would even be willing to donate to the cause to make it happen. Lastly, I want to thank the folks that take the time to post and make this site awesome!