View Single Post
Old 12-27-2016, 05:49 PM
I'd rather be truckin'

Brian in PA will become famous soon enoughBrian in PA will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Is this hobby dying in the US?

I'm still on here occasionally. Ill just check in once a week or so. I kinda got out of it for while. I spent the last 2 years working on a mustang project. the 2 years before that was spent building our new home and my garage for more future projects. I always have tended to get into a hobby/interest full bore for awhile them get out of it. I don't know why, maybe I just get bored with it. I still have my green triaxle, I'll never get rid of it, as for the other trucks i sold them to help finance this Mustang project. Unfortunately i cant keep them all. Currently I'm looking to sell the Mustang, maybe, to finance my next endeavor.
This hobby is expensive, but what hobby isn't. when you look at the detail and functions of some these pieces its worth it. If you can't afford 5k on a truck or piece of equipment don't buy one. Buy what you can afford without breaking the bank. Also The more you can do on your own will also help the budget.

I have seen the hobby not grow as fast in the last few years as it did a while back. For a while it was really looking like we could compete with Germany with events and such.

I too have seen a lot of individuals come and go from the hobby. Some will be dearly missed and some not at all. I think it has to do a lot with priorities and just how life is going at the time whether or not your in or out of a hobby.

The one thing that I think would make the hobby more affordable is a US based company for hydraulics. When I was doing my builds the wait from Germany or wherever was also an issue for me. Who wants to wait?

Anyway I'm still here but not active as before. Who know my kids may want to build a truck and I'll be back into it.