View Single Post
Old 07-23-2018, 07:44 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: LilGiantsConstrCo

Ah moving out the stock pile Mark? Try to get it all out before the white stuff comes again... I finished clearing that lil bench today, it's been so incredibly hot here last 2 wks with a few rainy days too, spend early mornings doing odd jobs on the farm, hide in the shop during the heat of the day & some nights an hr before dark hauling out or blading... get it done in moderation, don't wanna be too fast at it

Thanx Jim dirt is quite dry & grainy, easy to blade smooth compared to the rocky/lumpy dirt you tangle with in your videos... make yourself a screener & crusher like me & then you'll have nice dirt to work with too. That lil dirt pile took about an hr to smooth out, you'd probably be the only one patient enough to watch it all.

For sure Cooper, the screening & crushing activities add to the enjoyment value in keeping the equipment moving, Not a lot of rock?... I guess that depends on what you consider a lot of rock... in my soil I have everything from garden pea size/sand to watermelons.... not far from home I have some fields with rocks the size of Datsuns, when they get to sticking out of the ground too much, I then get the local TLB to either fish them out & skid 'em to the nearest rockpile or if they're too big to handle the op will dig a deeper hole to roll the rock into to get it a few feet below the surface, I likely won't see it again in my lifetime.

Everything from hardball & smaller rock goes thru the crusher, anything else larger gets hand picked & hauled away in my Ranger.

What's left for fines

Some rainy days in the last week, crushed some dirt lumps & rock

Got a big pile to put the thru crusher before winter

Joe