View Single Post
Old 05-18-2014, 10:17 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Maybe everyone has seen this....

I had a similar experience to the one above, except it was a soft muddy shoulder & the combine trl w/combine loaded was down in the ditch, I could see the left combine tire in the right mirror @55mph!!!

The one stack Mack grain bodied end dump was carrying the 30' platform header & gave me enough weight to keep the trk on the edge of the highway.

Travelling down US83 South, a convoy of 5 or 6 semis went by, I kept the old dog floored till the other side of the highway was clear, then moved slowly to the center till the combine trl popped out of the ditch, and when it did it swerved & fishtailed behind me, throwing me around the cab a bit! But I kept my eyes forward, held it straight and full throttle till it straightened out!!!

Man, talk about white knuckle driving... it would've been interesting to have tested my blood pressure immediately after that experience. I burned up a few of my lives that day & came out of it with zero damage & a little less rubber on the trl tires.

Joe