View Single Post
Old 09-22-2018, 12:54 AM
Green Horn

Wombii is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Scania airport fire truck

Sorry for the long break. I haven't really had the energy to write up the documentation or actually do much work.

Lift mechanism for the telescopic floodlight mast. It technically works, but it could use some refinement, and I'm not sure how to mount it so that I can do maintenance on it later. I've been trying to figure out the best way to design the mechanism for this for more than a year. There's not much room and I want it to extend as high as possible. I would rather have a static prop than a telescopic mast that barely reaches above the roof. This version uses a micro servo modified for continuous rotation with physical microswitches and diodes cutting off power to the servo motor to stop at top and bottom. The rack and pinion is a drive belt harvested from an old RC car.

One set of top mounted floodlights is done. Again using the 2835 LEDs (and again broke a couple while soldering) mounted in a plastic case that pops into the mounts. Round tube through a round hole is a pretty simple way to mount stuff, as it turns out. Why do I not have a 3D printer yet? I deeply hate making multiples of something. Just 4 more to go though.

Started on the water level indicator lights for the middle pump module.

Took out the mysterious but cheap fingernail tool again and scribed the last shutter.

Simple mounting for the plates that the taillights are mounted on. I think I need a truck dictionary to figure out what everything is called. They'll probably be glued in eventually.

Roughly started on the cab interior to find out where to hide the wiring. Fortunately the 1:1 P crew cab also has the engine in the middle of it, so I can make it reasonably accurate. I'm planning to hide the ESC under the rear bench. I'm hoping heat won't be an issue. I can't do much more work until I've figured out the wiring for the middle section.