View Single Post
Old 11-05-2015, 07:25 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

I should have more material to make another one in a couple days. This time I got enough to make one with a hardness of 40, first one is 60 comparable to sneaker shoe. The 40 is comparable to wine cork. And I'll add a lot more pigment. Originally I figured two learning parts till I get one right. More of trying to figure out how soft I can make them. and if the first two "test" tires don't make the cut maybe another project, worlds largest 1:14 scale motorcycle!?!

As far as the casting, this stuff has a pour time of 5 min. Sounds like plenty but mixing, degassing, and then pouring slowly, it starts to set up quick. It's not completely necessary to degass (vacuume) and that may give me more pouring time. I think what is happening is the material is starting to thicken while some of the bubbles are still rising. And the air has been introduced from the pouring into mold. I do t think I have enough time to pour half set mold top and box up before it thickens. But quick mixing and not degassing will keep it thin and hopefully that will allow any poured air to escape. And I did cut bigger vent holes on the two small ones. It's easy to grind the casting plugs flush so I would rather do that than have to fill big pockets. And they will always be on the non visible side anyway. So a couple days more before test number two. And then I should know what to get for the production line. If this stuff were cheaper I would have gotten enough of both and been done by now!!!

Oh and reg, I'll go check on that aeromax now, keep forgetting to , or getting sidetracked with all this silicone implanting , I ment casting stuff