View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 09:49 PM
Green Horn

apfubar is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 4 Axle Low loader

Hi,

I had the new trailer our last weekend at the Hawkesbury Hobby and Model show... A video of around the main hall:
http://youtu.be/MsZnBxEUCHM

It was heavily used across the weekend, with the only failure being a grub screw working loose in the gooseneck. Over the weekend it carried:
- a 20+ kg tub of rubber
- the 944
- the 966
- folding chairs
- radio equipment, parts boxes etc.

I did have to tighten some of the screws in the axles on Saturday night though.

I had some fun with a reversing challenge or two, makes it interesting with the rear steering, and a dolly. Does the head in a little, but with a bit of patience it all works out. It also turns heads of the people whom decided to challenge me to reverse it into one of the parking bays...

I am using a DX8 with a switch to either mix in the truck steering or not, and then I use the knob on the top to steer the trailer axles. It makes it a little easier to use. Also having the M20+ with cruise control means I can take my hand off the throttle, and adjust the rear as required(I just wish the knob was on the left).

I am working on a 2nd video of the trailer, which should be up later today (the laptop is encoding it now, then I need to upload it).

Cheers,
AP