View Single Post
Old 02-13-2016, 02:00 PM
Green Horn

mcl fabrication is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Gravel screener build

Where am I now?

So I lowered the voltage which lowered the speed of the drum, but it lowered the amps as well. Which does not allow the geared motor to turn a heavy load.
It tense to struggle. Now I figure I'm going to need a geared motor slower/stronger than the one I'm using now. I figure a 540 can size 37mm gear motor at about 35 to 60 rpm at the shaft. And a proven speed control to save me time and head ache(using Mario's recommendation). And a universal coupling. Then some form of way to get DC current to the electronics without using batteries. I will still have receptacle's to use batteries when no power is available.
So until I get some parts in I'm only going to be able to work on the cosmetic aspect of it. I really don't even know what its supposed to look like LOL. I need to see one in person or get some up close pics. But GOOGLE has been of great help but not enough close detail. I'm not looking to make it true to scale but it take time to get the parts from china most times. Might as well jazz it up a little.
I was fiddling around with it and made this video.

http://

Last edited by mcl fabrication; 02-13-2016 at 02:03 PM.