View Single Post
Old 02-01-2024, 11:26 AM
Craftsman

jerry56 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Michigan T-24 project

Getting close....
Were up on our wheels, these are just stock WPL tires the "hard" one as they are called. But as singles they start to mash out, if I go with these they will have to be duals.

And we needed a place to hold the hook down for transport.

Now it's time to fill those headlight holes.. I'm using some 3d printed headlight buckets and some wiggly eyes from Hobby Lobby for the lenses

And just so you know not all wiggly eyes are the same, the first ones I bought had a big dome to them and looked kind of odd, But I found some glow in the dark ones that had a flatter "lens profile" so to speak.

So When they set down in the headlight bucket they look pretty good

I also decide to add a rudimentary interior ...

An I added a grab bar and mirror.

Plus I added some "glass"

And tail lights and back-up lights... If you do these, there is a tab one the outside edge that's about 3/4 of an inch wide that forms and holds the out rigger box, if you want to avoid drilling into it you have to move everything in a little.

And I plugged up the holes where the toys hand cranks used to be...

I had to paint it with something so I used my Chrome yellow it looks kind of patched up but I kind of was going for that look

Now I need to get my geometry worked out for a dragline bucket and I need to make up some spreaders and figure out how to make the clamshell bucket work...