Thread: Mack R Model
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2014, 07:43 PM
Journeyman

Lmackattack is on a distinguished road
Default Mack R Model

Started on my 3rd Mack R model Build. This Mack will represent the late 80's early 90's work horse. I plan on using this to pull a Short 24' frameless end dump that is common here in Chicago. It will also go good with my flat bed or maybe even a 2 axel lowboy some day. A Pure Chicago construction kind of tractor.
It has a Tamiya 35 turn motor with a RC4WD Disruptor Planetary reduction unit. It sits on a stock Globeliner frame rails. upgraded Hi tec heavy duty servo, and room under the cab for a 7 cell battery. It will be a single stack Mack with Aluminum tanks, Battery boxes and bumper. Both axels are locked in and I will be upgrading it to metal driveshaft's. Im up in the air on what wheels I will be using but Im thinking some aluminum 10 holes up front and 3d printed spokes for the rear or just alum all the way around?. it will look good either way...The cab is 3D printed as a 1973 +3 cab and will have all the Lights powered with LEDs. Hope to have it ready for show for the local spring meet next month.