View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 07:03 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

skeeter is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Skeeters contracting services

Thanks for the encouragement, Lenny

Yesterday, when I arrived home from work, I had a package I've been awaiting fir a LONG long time! The SLOW boat carrying it FINALLY made it's way to me from China. I took them, & made a pack for the skid steer conversion. The 2/3A pack fits in it, but I'd have to move EVERYTHING from where I had planned. Going with the 2/3AA 1800MAH batteries hopefully it's enough power to last fir a lil bit of play time in that machine. Picture below has the 2/3A pack next to the 2/3AA pack. I liked how the 2/3A pack weighted the machine slightly rear heavy, just like the 1:1 machines. Perhaps, I'll find a spot in/near the rear of the model, & give it the Skeeter special treatment........just a few ounces worth.

unnamed (98) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr

Today I didn't work, due to a Dental appointment. I HATE going to them places......but when tooth is abscessed, & hurting, it's time to drag myself in there & get taken care of. When I arrived home, I had an EXCELLENT surprise awaiting me. I WASN'T expecting that package to arrive for about 4-7 more days. A great big THANK-YOU goes out to Hostile for being of assistance with acquiring this project. The Subaru WRX, I COULDN'T source locally. I inquired if he'd help me out, since they are readily available in Australia. It's sitting on my shelf, awaiting it's turn to be converted.
unnamed (99) by Anthony Kalnoski, on Flickr
I'm excited to cut the cord off this little rice burning hot rod, but have other projects ahead of it. Once I get a few more parts, the dump truck will be taking over as the HIGHEST priority build. After all, I'll need something to haul away all that dirt that the new hoe will be digging up!