View Single Post
Old 01-31-2016, 11:12 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: LilGiantsConstrCo

TBC Kalle Thanx Ed 10-4 Shawn, thanx

Jim, I had a mig before tig & AC-DC stick before that. Learnt stick & brazing in HS shop class, but didn't do much welding till I was 30 something, a few stick weld projects building hay wagons & skids for hopper bottom bins, then got a Miller 200amp gas mig in 04 & did a lot of welding for several yrs on the farm. I have a smaller 70amp Demag gas mig I picked up a couple yrs ago that I use with smaller wire (023) so I could use it for my hobby welding light gauge steel. The tig pics on prev page, I turned up the amperage to 100 & melted the steel together without using filler rod, slick!!!

Your mig, you using flux core wire? If not, you can't weld without gas. If you do go with gas, get COP tanks (customer owned product); tank rental contracts are needless & expensive.

Here's a vid of latest progress on the tunnel, still digging down in the basement end of it, it's much warmer on this side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ka7z...ature=youtu.be

Joe