View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013, 11:33 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Hauling Dirt out of my basement (present day)

Brrrr it's cold outside, a high of -3 and I've already have my 'change of seasons cold' good reason to stay inside & get busy with the hobby again.

Last week I fixed my JD850, DESTROYED the cog belt, worn smooth & the motor pulley too, the bottom pulley has some serious wear as well. Good to have spare parts on hand, it's running order again & back in the quarry. Used the 850 a few hrs over the wkend, 1st time since mid Aug, gotta be a new record for me - no rc for 2,5 months!

The loader needed a little attn., the bolts that hold the cyl mount fell out, relatively quick simple repair... just the kind that I like!

And here's one of about of six conveyers nearly completed, I got this far just before harvest. I have the rollers turned for two more much longer conveyers. This one is just over 12inches, it'll be the pit conveyer. I sourced the belt from a front garden tractor tube, width of cut is 65mm.

Joe