View Single Post
Old 07-04-2016, 05:06 AM
Apprentice

Rakthi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ScaleART - Assembling a MAN TGX/XL 6x6 tractor & Trailer

Re-installed the right rear fender today. (Expected to do both, but more time consuming/fiddly than I thought)

First attach the centre support. Had to be very careful not to scratch the paint

Put the extra mud flaps I had to use by giving fender one on each side. This time I took care not to tighten the nuts too much to prevent warping the rubber.

After this, install the light and then loosely attach the clamps holding the fender to the front and rear support. Then carefully slide the fender in place. There is just enough space to tighten the screws without having to remove the wheels.

Didn't run the wire for the light as I planned. It just runs on the inside of the fender, goes through the centre support. Near the frame I made a little clamp of copper wire to hold the cable in place. Wire still needs to be attached to the fender and centre support with some hot glue or double sided tape. Haven't made up my mind yet. Once finished, a bit of red paint on the wire and it will be barely noticeable.

One done, the other one in a couple of days ...