View Single Post
Old 02-28-2014, 11:11 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: excavator maintenance?

A pressure gauge comes with the model kits I get, as well as all the necessary fittings. Your China hoe will be metric fittings as well, so you'll need to measure the tubing to get the correct fittings. You can mount the gauge between the valve and the prv with this simple device and extra hose.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/i...woe9AyGwnEXgDy

You'll need a guage that goes up to at least 300 psi or 25 bar. Your model is rated to run @20bar pressure, probably not wise to exceed that. 1Bar = 14psi (approx.)

Radio mixing hyds? that's moreso for dozers & loaders where hyd use is more intermittent. The excavator on the other hand, you're moving three valves simultaneously all the time anyway, so you'll have no oil deadheading through the prv.

Besides that, the 4200XL has a 4th valve that redirects oil directly back to the tank when no stick movement is present, that's so the pump isn't under pressure & will turn easier lowering amp draw.

That ridiculously large outrunner brushless motor that the China Company uses is dialed back in rpm so far, that channel mixing to start stop it continually will melt your esc that powers it. It takes considerable amps to initially start the motor & to do so repeatable in short intervals of time will create excessive heat build... most esc's have a thermal protection built into them, but the low grade China stuff.... who knows?

I buy the same name brand hyd oil that I use in my farm equip, it's a proven oil to me. You David in a different country, do have Mobil oil products there?

I can relate to some fahrenheit temps... 0C is about 32, 20C is about 70C, 30C is just below 90F.... metric rule for small distances in mm is such easier math for our hobby than messing with fractional numbers or decimal points.

Joe