View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 06:29 PM

Tinbender is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Building a trainer

Well I put the radio stuff in the truck tonight and turned on the radio and receiver. What a surprise! These things roll really fast. And it was only in second gear. I had to release the joy stick and grab the truck frame before it went off the table. I was surprised because I put a 55T motor in it to slow it down a little. Didn't happen, it took off and the dog started to barking at it and trying to catch it.

Put it on the kitchen floor and now I got me a problem.

The front wheels are slightly turned and they operate backwards. So I got me some adjustments to perform for getting the wheels straight and I found in the book how to reverse the rudder control. That will be coming up real soon.

I know I haven't posted any pics of it yet but it is a bone stock build to learn how.

Espeefan...I got LEDs for the head lights but I think I should use the "wheat grain" lights for cab and tail lights to keep them from being too bright. Am I correct on this line of thought? Also I am thinking for right now just run a separate battery and mini toggle switch for the lights, not like it will be dark in the house or anything...LOL