View Single Post
Old 03-31-2012, 08:09 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Espeefan's slow motion Peterbilt Heavy Hauler build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
Nathan, this build is the boom daddy. Those steps look great and are totally unique. I'm impatient to see the finished article.
Have you considered half counter sinking the screws? They wouldn't stick out so much and there would still be enough material for it all to be secure. You could even mill the protruding part of the screw off at a later date. Just a hare-brained idea.
Hey, thanks Nick. I appreciate the comments. Yes, I've been looking at different ideas to counter sink or remove part of the screw heads as well. I've got a few different options. We'll see how it goes. I'll make a decision based on how they look on the truck, mounted up. I may find that I need not worry about it all that much. The screws might just blend in and disappear. I always appreciate the construstive criticism!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepside View Post
Youre wasting no time breaking in that mill!! Love the custom parts, looking forward to seeing more.

How will they mount?
Thanks Rod. Speaking of breaking in the mill, the spindle bearings needed to changed out middle of this week! I wore them out already, I guess! Actually, from new, the lower bearing had this small click in it, which got worse the more I ran the mill. I installed some high quality bearings, and now the mill runs quieter and smoother then it did from new. It's amazing the difference they make. The original bearings were garbage, but I can't complain. I knew I was buying a cheap China mill.

Anyway, the tool boxes will mount up pretty readily, from the rear. I think I'm just going to drill and tap some holes and bolt them to the frame rails. Easy and clean. The screws will be hidden!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepside View Post

that's too funny! Its actually Arioch, but I like Archie
Argh! Arioch, I apologize! I'm not good with names! No harm intended!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
WOW love the steps!!
Thank you dabears. I think da steps are pretty cool too.

Okay fellas, I've got just a small update here. This will be all for the weekend edition. I'm needing to order up some more end mills and a little more material, but I did get a start on designing and machining up a couple extra mystery parts for the Wedico. I won't say what they are yet. They are in a pretty raw state. For a hint, there are two parts per plate.

The smart guys will probably figure it out! Any guesses?