View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 06:30 PM
Dairyland trucker's right hand man.

dabears is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Pete 379 Flat Top 48"

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungGunz View Post
You are correct, all 20 of the LED's have the same value resistors and receive the same voltage. I was unsure on the contrast of the blinker and running lights when I first started, but it shows up pretty well in the dark and is pretty noticeable. I feel like there is alot of disliking for the servonaut units for some reason, but I have been very pleased with the SMX and M20+. Alot of people like the simplicity of Tamiya's MFU since it has lights and sound all in one and because of the price, although I feel like it is limited on expandability. I think the hardest part of the M20+ is figuring out the resistors needed using ohms law, and with a small bit knowledge of electricity this is not hard at all. In my personal opinion, you cant go wrong with servonaut, there are plenty of features, many of which are adjustable and more than enough room to expand with lights for the truck and trailer. I think the extra money spent is well worth it.
I plan on trying one some day to see the difference. Next meet I want to run yours around to see the differences more..
But I agree the fact that the mfu Comes with a plug and play system is nice, but your right in expandability without buying a battleswitch to run extras...