View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 04:46 PM
Dairyland trucker's right hand man.

dabears is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Building a trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinbender View Post
Ok, here is question #2 and #3:

I was talking to the hobby store today and the "GURU" there said the Futaba 4PL is the radio to use. I will have to get survos and a speed contoler as well.

#2 Is this a good radio to use? I just want the bare basics due to this being a trainer and all.

#3 Is the speed controler the same thing as a MFU?

Thanks
With the servos i would recomend a higer torqe servo for the steering, the trans servo has little to no resistance on it so it doesnt have to be as higher torqe but i would just go with the same on both.

Radio is a hard choice. Yes a 4ch radio will work fine. when i started i got the DX5e by Spektrum, it did everything perfect even with digital trims. I currently have a DX8 as i outgrew my 5 very fast. I have set up a few trucks on the Airtronics radios and they are nice radios as well... I think spektrum wins on ease of setup and truck switching hands down but both work just fine. prefrence i guess...

The speed controller can be used in a stock bare bones truck as you would need one. The electrical light set would need one but the MFU has one built into it. The MFU is the better bang for the buck as it has the lights, sounds, and the built in ESC. A stock truck will only use 3 channels 1 for throttle, 1 for steering, and 1 for shifting. the MFU uses 4 has the extra one for the support legs but it controls the light features as well.

Hope that helped a little.... As for motor the integy 55t is by far my personal fav to use and also their gear ruduction unit which is listed as a 2.5 to 1 i belive...