View Single Post
Old 04-08-2015, 11:27 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelman View Post
Cooper-now your talking my language!! I am a boat guy at heart. I raced hard for 25+ years and loved every minute of it until I lost my vision and had to quit. That is definitely a 100-mph pass!!
I've always had an interest in the RC stuff, years ago we got a Riverlot and ended up having my neighbor into RC stuff too!! Couldn't ask for a better neighbor. It started with him having a boat, then me getting one, then him a faster one, then me a faster one, ect,,, then he showed me garden trucking and it just ballooned into what you see now. .

Modelman, it's guys like you that have paved the way for me to enjoy the boats and other stuff too!! Appreciate your interest and would love to sit down with you and Justus listen. I know your sight is going but I'm sure you have many many insights into past and present fun times!! I will definitely be putting the MADD Catt into action more this summer, with some good quality and audio videos. The hull has not been compromised (yet) Spent most of a winter reinforcing with carbon and Kevlar to take the 100mph+ airborne re-entries onto concrete water. Spinning those props around 50k. I got a top speed of 119 but don't have the data or picture proof to back it up. My goal was 125mph. It's been a struggle to get anything over 120. You know, everything has to line up perfect, water, wind, temp, not to mention the hours of testing, tweaking, prop work, burnt esc, motors ect!! Took me about 2 months to get her to a reliable and steady 110 pass as the normal "have fun" just go out and run. (With the right water). At $350 a pop per motor I really do take care and try to eliminate all potential problems but pushing the edge usually ends up costing. I'm looking at some lmt motors for this year but the $$ is hard to part with for them. That boat acronym of another thousand, need about two hundred more for those motors!!!!