Thread: Custom Pete
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 04:39 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of
Default Re: Custom Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamweaver View Post
Lookin good Travis
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
im liking that suspension!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmess62 View Post
Now that's something completely different. I like it. Great start
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUCKMAKER View Post
Nice start Travis, I like the spring hangers, are the spring leaves cut out of steer springs or did you form them?

Thanks guys for the comments.

The spring leaves are from a Juggernaut. I cut out the center pin and removed the other two leaves then drilled the hole out to 3mm. Since these leaves are longer than the semi leaves I used the center hole in the leaf as the rear axle mount hole and drilled the other closer to the eye of the leaf.

I decided the front suspension needed to be a little different to so I made the hangers for it as well. Being a Pete and needing to move the axle forward I put the spring mount hole in the front of the new brackets. I also made the bracket wide enough so I did not need the plastic spacers the stock suspension uses. I also bushed all of the holes with a brass bushing so I have a replaceable wear item instead of having to make new parts later. Well enough chit chat here are some pics.

Thanks for looking.
Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11