View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011, 06:48 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

glorydays24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nick's 379 build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
Thanks Steve. Would I be right in saying these are the first of your A/C's to be over this side of the pond? In any case they rock! Soon as I got them mounted my truck just went up a couple of notches on the badness scale

Haha Big John that's the song that plays in my head when I picture it all finished, great minds think alike!
Large and in charge, I like it!

So right now I'm brainstorming how to mount the body with no visible screws (I plugged the original mounting holes) and the thing taking the most brain processing power right now is the bumper flip. I had an epiphany when I looked at one of my 1/18 diecast cars and the door hinges on the cheaper models. So I'm gonna try and make a dogleg hinge so that the gap between bumper and grille is fairly small, but it still clears the grill when flipped up. Got some brass rod and some tubing, let's hope this works!!
Nick, when you said you filled the body holes and trying to figure out how to mount the body, the only thing I thought of was double sided tape. Now I know this wouldn't work 'cause as we all know from time to time, we have to remove the body. Hope you can figure it out, and if I think of anything, i'll let you know

Big John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

YOU WANTED THE BEST AND YOU GOT THE BEST THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD...KISS!!!!