View Single Post
Old 01-23-2017, 09:46 AM

scottyk is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My Bruder conversions, Tracked skid loader and Bulldozer.

Well the motors in these gear boxes are the same size as the tamiya gear box so I wouldnt consider that a upgrade. The output shaft has 2 flats on them so that is the shape I made in the wheel. I was thinking about changing to a tamiya gear box actually since these gearboxes have a short output shaft similar to a servo and when running a track they get alot of side load and deflect. Where running the tamiya box would give you a longer steel shaft and seems like it would hold up better.

I will say I have broken teeth off on both styles of gear box so the strength is about the same, fairly weak! I try to stick to sandboxes and tilled up dirt in the garden so they dont get real good traction.

So with that being said I will work on another version of the dozer drive wheels and let you guys know when I get it figured out, RCBruder do you have a measurement for the wheels you want, Id assume you want to bolt a round servo horn straight to the wheel so give me a measurement from the mounting flange to the inside edge of the teeth.