View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 01:59 PM
Apprentice

SWAGGER is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: "KISS" theme truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamweaver View Post
Lets see how good you really are...

I used to haul around a stage trailer for a stage company in SLC. This trailer was 45' long. the sides lifted up to make the roof of the stage. then inside of them were two more pieces that folded down to make the floor of the stage. both the roof and the floor had two parts to each that made the roof 45' x 42' and the floor 45' x 40'. it was all hydrolic. the roof had all the mounts for lighting and speakers built into it and had rams on all four corners of the center 8' section that allowed it to be lifted up to 20' above the stage floor.
That sounds like a serious challenge! I'm sure it's possible, for someone who is very comfortable with hydraulics. I bet Freddy could have done it for sure, but most would certainly struggle. It would definitely be mind blowing to watch the whole thing transform from a box trailer into a full blown gig ready stage automatically, right before your eyes!

Last edited by SWAGGER; 05-31-2012 at 05:12 PM.