View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 02:13 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: St. Louis Event Ideas???

What a freakin fantastic weekend event! Thanx a tonne for all your efforts to cater to our needs/wants Ed, you really went far beyond that of a great host!

The dump trks & belly dumps were many! I was loading constantly one right after the other for hours.. what a freakin Blast to run my track hoe that hard & it worked perfectly all weekend!

Ed took Nate & I on a tour of downtown St Louis Saturday night, what a spectacular view of the Golden Gate Arch at night!

And then the next day Ed gave Nate & I a tour of his home workshop too, showing us his latest inprogress creations. I was marvelling some of his small specialty tools, quizing him on where to shop & the next thing I know he's stuffing my arms full with goodies.. I told him I couldn't take such advantage of his generosity & put everything back on his workbench.. so then he picks up the pile & passes it to Nate & told him to haul it out to the trk for me! WOW!!! Super Kool of you Ed. Thank you! I'll for sure make good use of those nut drivers & allen drivers, and the jack stands too.

Here's the few pics I got, taken with my go pro (not very good pics) while the rest of the gang was on their 5th or 6th lunch break for the day.

I made it home last night, battled some brutal rain/lightning storms & dense fog along the way, then snow drifts just before reaching the border. It was 70F at Nate's house when I left early Monday morning and 23F when I arrived at home. BRRRrrr! I brought the flu home with me too. I got the Lil Giants fleet unloaded along with some new arrivals too. Do I ever have a lot of mechanicing to do this winter!

A special word of thanks to you Nathan & your wife for opening up your home to me for the week before the show, I came to your door virtually as a stranger and you gave me a place to chill for the week before the show. Thank you, it is whole heartly appreciated! I hope I can return the favor to you someday.

One other thing I'd like to mention is Thank You to the wives & girlfriends that came along to the meet, they did a great job cooking up dinner Saturday afternoon & took most of the pics while us guys were hard at play! Thanx ladies, duely noted & much appreciated!

Joe

Last edited by Lil Giants; 10-25-2012 at 11:23 PM.