View Single Post
Old 02-22-2016, 12:02 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Stuff is on a distinguished road
Default Re: AWD, worth it or not?

from my experience having both trucks there is pros and cons of each.

RWD single axle trucks are only good for on road applications. You can lock the rears but still only gets you so far. Best turning radius.

RWD tandem trucks go more places then singles, You can lock the front or both axles for more off road or sandy conditions and get some decent turning radius out of them.

AWD trucks go pretty much anywhere ground clearance will let them. Turning radius is not great on them however.

-TLT axles work good, so do highlift axles. Highlift axles stick out a hair more then TLT but easier to find and more upgrades. Also you can lock and unlock highlift axles with the grub screw that is a factory option. just requires the hex lining up through the sight hole and removing it. TLT's you have to take apart to lock and unlock.

regardless which axle, tamiya tundra highlift springs are the best to get them centered in the stock spring hanger locations.
Subscribe!!
My Facebook -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.