View Single Post
Old 01-26-2015, 08:21 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: LilGiantsConstrCO

I found out today from Frank that the Jung pump in this 450 is a 0,45/rev... no freaking wonder I've been having a bytch of a time with excessive hyd speed.

Even at 50% motor speed it's still borderline quick, it could be a bit slower yet for fluent movement. And running the motor at such slow speed, I think it's causing the Roxxy esc to behave a little erratic too with +/-rpm b/c the lift/lower of the boom will pulsate occasionally.

900ml/min divide 0,45ml/min = 2000rpm output

9000rpm top motor speed divide 2000rpm out speed = 4,5:1 reduction head

The next size smaller Jung pump is 0,3ml/rev, which will equal approx 600ml/min at full motor speed. So running motor at 70% should maintain a more accurate flow rate of 420ml/min, which I think is right where I want to be.

Yes RW, lower EPA on valves will make them less sensitive to operate, it will take more stick throw to make the valves move. I have the values for boom, stick, bucket between 60 - 70% and using dual rates with curves & offsets I can make each valve react quicker without opening much... if that makes sense?

Your swing motor/gearhead sounds like a spur gear, not overly strong or as powerful as a planetary head. The swing motor/planetary in my 450 is about 83mm long... vertically, would that be above your cab?

I will try changing swing esc for a smoother swing than what I have currently. The gear slop of pinion & ring gear is a bit much too, but I can't get the pinion any closer... a bigger ring gear would need to be 3D printed for a tighter mesh.

I very much prefer the direct motor drive on the swing of my 850 vs the horizontal with bevel gears in this 450. I'm using a 2x12 Sabertooth esc & it's pretty smooth whether the 850 is level or steep angle... and the pinion/ring gear mesh is not overly tight either... it must be that Banebot esc in the 450 is just not right for this job... I'd try a 2x12 if I had a spare, but it's kind of a bulky dual esc for a model that don't have space to spare, nor a need for the 2nd esc.

Joe