View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 03:43 PM

Rebekah_harper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: KOMATSU Excavator from Malaysia

hiya,

I am following your build with great interest and love what you have achieved.

I am an ex digger driver and found that transferring my skill as an operator was something to get used to but not difficult.

here are some suggestions if you like to help learn the basics of fluid driving.

first is to master the use of 2 actions at one time this you do by operating the boom and jib simultaneously. the aim is to be able to follow a flat ground surface in paralell with the teeth. as you pull the jib in, raise the boom at the appropriate speed in order to follow the ground level. it is best to start with the jib a little further out than 90 degrees to the ground and practice this with moving the jib out further and further. good drivers would not have it at full stretch when doing this but experienced drivers will.
once you have mastered this then move onto 3 movements at the same time this is the inclusion of the bucket. again as the first excersise but have the bucket flat to the ground surface. bring in the jib at a constant speed and adjust the boom hieght and bucket level so that the bottom of the bucket remains flat with the ground.
build on this by adding slew control, and again bring in the jib whilst keeping the bucket flat with the ground but add a slew action as well.

the whole package should be a fluid motion but like with real life mini diggers, the model is highly responsibe so plan the motion in your mind and keep one step ahead of the work you wish to carry out.

it is always best to have the controller on a strap so that your hand/fingers are soley there to control the sticks and to rest your palm beside them.

the big machines have a little lag and there for are easier to plan with your movements but as I said the models and the real life mini diggers don't have that luxury and there for can be more difficult to control.

hope that this helps and that you have found it usefull.

again I am really impressed with your build and hope that my build has the same result.

kind regards

becky