View Single Post
Old 03-22-2024, 02:06 PM
Green Horn

ddmckee54 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tires for conversions

I got my "narrow" tires last night, the wide tires are apparently still on a slow boat from somewhere. I originally thought these were 76mm OD tires, they aren't, they're 70mm OD. The Bruder tires are 76mm though. When you set them on the ground next to the Bruder tires that 6mm difference is quite noticeable. But, when you center the tires on the axle it's only a 3mm difference which isn't quite so glaring. Things can easily be adjusted to compensate for that 3mm.

The "narrow" tires are 20mm wide and aren't nearly as wide as the steer tires on any of my Bruder Granite trucks, but they are spot on for the width of the duals. I've found tires to replace the Bruder duals, and I'm hoping the "wide" tires will be a good of a match to the steer tires.

If anybody's interested, the Lesu part number for the "narrow" 1/16 scale tire is:
LS-1-16-60002.

Don

Edit 4/2/24 -
I got the "wide" 1/16 scale tires, they're kind of disappointing. At 22mm wide they are only a couple of mm wider than the "narrow" 20mm tires, but they have the same OD. This is the Lesu part number if you're interested:
LS-1-16-60001.

Last edited by ddmckee54; 04-02-2024 at 05:16 PM.