View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 10:32 PM

edwalsh18 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: bruder excavator conversions

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalelover View Post
Hate to say it but those are hydraulics running that one. The screw drives are a lot easier to see because of the servos that would be mounted near the ends of the arms. I'm not sure which model it's based off of, it looks like a bruder conversion. The bucket looks normal to me their are tons of different styles depending on what it's being used for.

-Dan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPIZ...e_gdata_player

I have come across several of them now and i think they are all the same. They all have quick couplers to change buckets and they all have that funny shaped boom. I have been to several rc forums in different languages using google translate and found them there. I think i even found the guy who made them and his website but that was a while back. He claimed to have came up with a.better than hydraulic way to create them. They have same performance but much much better battery life. I couldnt help but think that joe would be the best guy to test it out in his basement since he puts so many hours on his and has used and gone through several excavators from different makers all hydraulic. To see what he thinks of how.they compare would be really cool. So Joe if you are reading this i think u should test this out if you could get the information on them. I remember them making a big deal in the thread about how this guy made them, he wouldnt reveal his secret. The guy in the above video bought it off the maker. I am interested in the price and any more info on these. So if anyone can help me out with that i would appreciate it. The problem is it is hard to understand the websites in google translate. So if i was wrong about some info i am sorry. This excavator is just really cool.