View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 08:22 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: 1950 Kenworth Needlenose

I'm going to be a little short on time this weekend. Spending a little time withy family, but I'll share some of what I've got accomplished this week!

So the big things I got done are this. I machined up a front bumper and I got in a pair of Wedico front rims for the Kenworth. I think the rims make a big difference to the look of the truck. I've never seen any trucks of this vintage with super singles, and I love the look of the standard with tires. Kind of compliments the narrow hood.

Best part is the standard rims and tires allow the truck to have full lock steering, in both directions, so that is good. The super singles had a slight amount of rubbing.

I made a part so I could bolt up a front bumper. I tied it into the front suspension hangers, and the front cross member. The Osswald spring hangers looked like a weak link. The material is really thin, where the springs mount with a shoulder bolt, so the bumper mount will beef them up. The shoulder bolt passes through the hanger's ear, and threads right into the front bumper mount, as opposed to just having a nut on the back side.

In the rear of the chassis, I started making a frame taper section. I will get the cross member, and a tail light panel, machined up a bit later. I thought I'd make the taper pieces, rather then cut the frame rails. It just seemed easier, and stronger, to me, though it took more time I am sure!

I'll try and a few things done this weekend, but I we'll see how it goes. Still lots more to do, even though the Kenworth is looking a lot more like a truck now. Thanks for reading.....