View Single Post
Old 05-04-2014, 07:22 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Slightly bigger toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikem View Post
Now I know what I could have with my S10 I scrapped them a couple years ago . If it wasn't a long drive you could have had them . I'm down to one a 2000 with 42000 miles on it no rust
Haha, they are pretty durable little trucks. I added air shocks to the rear of it but all that did was make it higher when empty. I guess it did have another effect. It got stuck on everything when empty as well because the suspension was to stiff in the initial stroke. I ended up adding a set of modified front coils to the rear. After it settles a bit the coils make contact with the leaf springs and they help one another carry the weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claus View Post
Nice Reg! My Dad sold His Bobcat 331 EX last fall, wish I had a shed to put it in because I would have bought it, those mini hoes are nice to have. Thing that kills me is you can buy machines that size (used) for the same money as some of the RC toys.

Need to see a video of the S10 hauling and dumping.
Yeah the mini's are awesome! It's my best friend most of the time.lol This one is old and worn out now but i have put some hard hours on it making it do things it wasn't designed for(logging). It has certainly payed for itself at least twice in the 7 years that I've owned it. I can't say that about the RC's i have in my collection... Or maybe i can now hmmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
Is that fuel oil tank that you made your box from?
Yes it is. 250g I made up a hinge and frame out of some scraps and the A frame holding the winch is a tow bar off my Dad's 48 Willys Jeep. I have around $200 in the whole truck as it sits. Pretty hard to beat that. I've put over 600km on it hauling stuff around our property!lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhhhstix View Post
Reg I am disappointed. I clicked on the link hoping to see the S10 in action. Don't get me wrong you did a nice job loading the truck and picking out the rocks but lets see the truck working!!
I was planning on filming while I was driving but it proved to be difficult as it has manual trans and steering. Next time i use it i will take some video of it dumping. It works pretty well I just wish it was a 4x4 sometimes.

Here's a couple of pictures with loads of firewood on it prior to modifying the rear suspension.