View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 10:57 PM
Apprentice

MoRockN is on a distinguished road
Default Re: LR634 has arrived!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
That is a great looking machine. The parts and components that make up the kit look like high quality items. Are the smaller, black idler wheels made from plastic? No bearings or bushings in them, so I would guess they have to be some sort of harder plastic. Same as the tracks? Also, hard to tell, but does the larger aluminum idler/tensioner wheel for the tracks have a ball bearing or bushing in it? Just curious about dirt getting into all the workings of the tracks. Haven't heard of any complaints. Seems like a robust machine. You are making me want one more and more!
The idler wheels are hardened steel, the tracks are made out of graphite (Fancy name for hard plastic , if you are into RC racing cars you'll know what kind of material, very strong unless you drop the model then you may break one. Apart from the teeth and tracks everything else on the chassis is metal, the larger aluminum wheel has some sort of slick press on bushing with a sleeve that is an exact fit on the pin and it spins very freely. So i don't think dirt will be an issue. Just get one already...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
If you got it, a Trucker brought it....