View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 11:52 PM
Green Horn

cdm is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My Mruder (bruder cat320 something look alike)

bolted the hyds in and tested the tracks and turntable. tracks have loads of power and turntable could use a slower motor (i was trying to calculate it but i overshot a bit). instead of 27rpm final its more like 40. it works fine as long as you dont go all the way on the stick, but like i said, just a matter of swapping the motor unit for a lower rpm one. overal im very happy

now, initially i planned on using 1 battery in the chassis to power the turntable and feed the rest of wires between the 2 halves. that would of course give me a limit to the numbers of turns you can make before wires get twisted.

tonight after some beers i had the stupid idea of trying 2 receivers to 1 radio at the same time. lucky for me (hitec is my deity now!), that actually worked (some dont).

so i have optima 9 upper deck, optima 6 lower deck. 0 cables between body and chassis. i can spin it round for hours

lower receiver is channels 1 (track1),2(track2) and 6(turntable esc) and upper is 3 4 5 (valve block) 7 (pump esc). perfect. still have 8, 9 on the upper as spares for whatever i might add.

no videos etc as it is 4am and i just got out of bed to test that theory.