Thread: Accessories
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 01:40 AM
It's a dry 115 degrees.

SonoranWraith is on a distinguished road
Default Accessories

Somehow started working on the idea to make scale boxes because my son thought it would be fun. It wasn't. The idea was individual boxes to scale instead of one large one made to look like many. I will be trying the latter after many hours devoted to these *&^% boxes. My son loves them on his forklift though.

I made a template in excel to print lines for cutting/folding that end up on the inside. Then flip and print whatever you want for the outside. You can kill a tree testing layouts since the front and back won't print exactly the same even if it is the exact same layout in mirror for the outside. At least it didn't for me since I am not a professional printer. I added some barcodes and some print at 3pt thank you laser printer:

The paper we had laying around which partly inspired the idea but I used calipers to check different grocery and retail store paper bags and they work too. The boxes would be too light empty, so I cut down some scrap mdf for some weight in the bottom and used some foam to fill them out. I could stack pounds on these things now. The weight is enough to keep them from falling all over the place but not so heavy that POS yale forklifts can lift it. I went ahead and shrink wrapped it too.