View Single Post
Old 05-06-2015, 11:11 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Well first trial fit with hydraulics working, everything was just tacked in place. I didn't take in consideration of the cylinders becoming more vertical as the blade is fully lifted. So, have to move the lift bushing out about .75". Only problem is I don't want to make all new pieces. They were hack sawed and milled to shape. Just lots of work so another piece will be added and an extra set of holes will be there. If I can press the bushings out I may just weld holes shut. Never know . And after doing some measuring I'm going to lengthen push arms .75" also. That gives more room between blade and tractor. Allows more room for stabilizer arm clearance. Difficult to measure off of the 1:50 scale model for the small details. I'm more so trying for a scale look and not necessarily exact scale. And have to wait on some metal stock delivery. Hopefully it will see paint in less than two weeks. Have dirt piles everywhere, having the dozer in the shop is hurting backyard business.