View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 12:17 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road
Default Re: S&M Trucking has a new loader!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catmack View Post
Is the bucket and essentials metal or plastic? Looks great, did they require a deposit or payment in full at the begining?...another words, were they sitting on the shelf ready to ship?
Bucket is plastic, thats another reason this is not meant to dig everything is plastic! the lift cylinder barrel end mounts have been strengthen. A larger round metal plate with a groove which is the thickness of the plastic body is cut around the edge of the disc. A smaller hole is drilled in the center for the lift cylinder pin and then when you bring the upper and lower halves of the front frame together they secure the disc in place very well.
I placed the order on the 4th. He contacted me on the 6th and said the radio was on back order for a week. I had confirmation it left Spain on the 11th and in my hands by the 29th.
So I'm going to guess that he has them sitting ready to ship or that week waiting for the radio was enough time to build? He must have all the parts ready to build one maybe? Lots of stuff, 3 servos, 2 ESC , the cylinders, valve , pump..

I've read and seen lots of Bruder conversions on this site but until you get to see one up close you realize it's an amazing achievement. May not function like an all metal but still a great idea. Hmmmm, I might have to start walking the toy isle at Wal mart for a potential refit of my own

Oh, I forgot to mention. The funny thing is when I opened up the box, the guy actually packed it back in the original Bruder box the toy came in! Lol if it wasn't for the fact it weighs so much, you would swear it was just the toy.

Mario