View Single Post
Old 10-09-2011, 08:11 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

BRICKNICK is on a distinguished road
Default Re: stupid question: what is a Robbe truck?

Yea I'm not remotely interested in buying it at all, especially spending $900 dollars for a partial kit lol good luck to that seller. I just dont see them at all on this board or anywhere else, and I have seen the robbe name before. I just didnt know what the story was with that manufacturer. However I am very familiar with the monogram 1:16 trucks, I do have the yellow peterbilt 359 and red Kw w900. They are both built but missing parts, they are very dear and close to my heart, my father built these models along with a few others threw the insanly long nights that I kept him awake as a collic infant. My father passed away in 2003 and Im going to attempt partially rebuild them using wedico parts from pmd to replace the dumb little things like a stack and bumper or a quarter fender that are missing. So maybe you'll see this build thread for them this winter. If any one knows of some spare monogram 1:16 truck parts lying around for sale let me know. Thanks for the info on Robbe too, the knowledge on this board never ceases to amaze me.