Thread: DX10T
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 01:46 AM
Journeyman

pigeonfarmboy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DX10T

Let's start this off with a disclaimer. I used to be a Horizon Hobby employee but no longer work there. This impression is purely my opinions and I have not received any compensation for writing this.

So I've been able to fiddle around with a pre-production sample of the radio for a few days now and I can say that I'm really looking forward to getting one of these for myself.

I definitely have a better understanding of programming than the average hobbyist but I think the menus and setup are all very intuitive to understand, find, and adjust. The general feel and weight of the radio is quite robust. Using the shoulder straps are a definite must with the way the sticks are situated.

The switches on the modules are really nice quality and are really easy to operate by feel. This attributes to the price of the modules I'm sure. The modules also independently swivel back and forward for placement preference.

I'm looking forward to receiving my Vario 850d soon to do some further testing with the radio. I plan to setup two "Flight" Modes one for drive and the other for bucket and arm movements so I can quickly flip between the two modes during operation.

One thing I had overlooked on the radio specs were the ability to expand to a total of 18 channels!! I am not sure what's needed hardware-wise to achieve this but you'd need the extra rx hookups of course.

More to come when I can get my hands on it again with my excavator!