View Single Post
Old 12-21-2014, 08:20 PM
Green Horn

heavy_duty is on a distinguished road
Default Project Shot Gun my new dump truck

Hello all.I have been wanting to build a new dump truck for a while now. I still have my blue one with the pup trailer but its time for a new addition. I also got the bug really bad after seeing Brian in pa dump trucks and talking to Rod(stepside) about his aeromax dump he is building. The final straw was when Ih Steve delivered my new coal bucket,and Since then its been game on. First thing was a set of IH Steve's frame rails cut to 29.5''.

I started building this truck from the rear to the front because the suspension would be a Chalmers suspension that I milled and it has to fit under the box along with the lift axles.

This is the first shot of the suspension. There is a spring inside the bag that adjusts for loads

I have more pictures of the suspension to come. Next were the lift axles,I looked at Henderson suspension and robbed some ideas from there.

Project Shot Gun will have 3 lift axles with self steering and spring returns.I cnc'ed the axles,hangers,trailing arms and various other suspension parts to get it to function on all types of terrain. Next installment will be the drive line.Thanks for looking.

Ed